MUSCOGEE COUNTY, Ga — A local outreach program announces it is accepting applicants in need of help getting heat this winter.
The community action program Enrichment Services Program, Inc. will offer low-income families help paying their home heating bills, according to a press release.
The release says Enrichment Services Program, Inc. will accept Muscogee County appointment calls starting Wednesday at 5 p.m.
Appointments will only be scheduled over the phone and until all December 2016 time slots are filled. All applicants will be interviewed at the Occasions Event Center on Victory Drive.
Applicants must bring the following to the appointment:
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Proof of income for all household members for the past 30 days
- Proof of Social Security Numbers for each person in the household
- Last/current month’s heating bill for the household
- For all household members that are 18 years old or older: Current proof of citizenship or legal immigrant status, state issued picture identification (ID) such as: driver’s license, ID card, voter registration card, passport, military ID, etc.
- If receiving SSI, Social Security, Pension, VA Benefits, or Worker’s Compensation, the 2016 award letter is required.
If applying for assistance with gas or propane, the current electricity bill is also needed.
All applicants must meet the federal income poverty guidelines.
The press release says the appointment line will close periodically based on the availability of funds.
To make an appointment, please call this toll free number 706-940-4033.