Complete your meal with rice or potatoes, broccoli, garlic bread, and cookies for dessert.
Tenderizing the cubed steak is necessary so that the meat is tender and cooks quickly.
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 4 slices Deli thin-sliced prosciutto (about 2 oz)
- 2 beef cubed steaks (about 1 lb)
- Plastic wrap
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pre-diced yellow onions
- 1 (14.5-oz) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic, un-drained
- 4 tablespoons crumbled garlic/herb feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
1. Chop spinach and parsley. Tear prosciutto into small pieces. Tenderize steak, by pounding with meat mallet (or rolling pin) between
two pieces of plastic wrap, until 1/4-inch thick (if needed).
2. Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Coat both sides of steak with flour. Place oil in pan, then add steaks;
cook 3 minutes on each side. Remove steak from pan.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add onions to same pan; cook 3–4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until onions are translucent. Stir in
tomatoes and bring to a simmer; return steak to pan.
4. Top each steak with prosciutto, spinach, feta, olives, and parsley, then cover; simmer 3–4 minutes or until beef is 145°F. Cut steak
into four servings and serve.
(per 1/4 recipe) 370kcal; FAT 22g; SAT FAT 6g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 75mg; SODIUM 850mg; CARB 13g; FIBER 3g;
SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 31g; VIT A 45%; VIT C 25%; CALC 10%; IRON 25%