Total Time – 30 minutes (Makes 4 Servings)
Pearl and regular couscous are types of pasta. However, pearl couscous has the texture of pasta and regular couscous has a rice-like
texture. Both cook very differently.
- 2 (1-in-thick) boneless ribeye steaks (about 2 lb)
- 2 lemons, for juice
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 2 tablespoons lemon (or garlic) hummus
Cut across each steak to make 2 halves, then cut each half into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Squeeze lemons for juice (4 tablespoons); chop garlic.
1. Preheat grill (or grill pan). Whisk pumpkin pie spice, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 2 tablespoons oil, salt, pepper, and garlic until
blended. Place steak strips and marinade in bag; shake to coat. Let stand 15 minutes to marinate.
2. Thread the strips of meat onto skewers in a flat “S” shape. Place on grill; cook 2 minutes on each side or until 145°F (for medium
3. Whisk hummus, remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over steak and serve.
(per 1/4 recipe) 390kcal; FAT 27g; SAT FAT 8g; TRANS FAT 0.5g; CHOL 100mg; SODIUM 250mg; CARB 3g; FIBER 0g;
SUGARS 0g; PROTEIN 35g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 10%; CALC 2%; IRON 20%