Total Time – 25 minutes (Makes 4 Servings)
Complete your meal with hummus, gluten-free naan bread, and yogurt fruit parfaits for dessert.
Chicken Tikka Masala is a dish of roasted chunks (tikka) of chicken in curry sauce that is creamy with flavorful spices.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- 1 lb steak-topper vegetables (fresh presliced mushrooms, onions, bell peppers)
- 1 (28-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup presliced green onions
1. Preheat 4-quart saucepan on medium-high. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add rice; cook and stir 1 minute. Add water and salt;
bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover; simmer 18–20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
2. Preheat large, nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. (Cut tenders into halves or thirds, if desired. Wash hands.) Place
remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add chicken; cook 2–3 minutes, turning occasionally, or until browned. Remove chicken from
pan. Add vegetables to same pan; cook and stir 5 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in tomatoes, cream cheese, coriander, curry powder, and red pepper, then add chicken and cover;
simmer 5–6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is 165°F. Chop cilantro.
4. Stir cilantro and green onions into chicken. Fluff rice with a fork. Serve rice with chicken.
(per 1/4 recipe) 470kcal; FAT 15g; SAT FAT 4g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL 80mg; SODIUM 710mg; CARB 54g; FIBER 6g;
SUGARS 8g; PROTEIN 30g; VIT A 35%; VIT C 190%; CALC 15%; IRON 10%