Go to the WRBL News 3 Facebook page, answer the Question of the Day and your response could be featured on News 3 Midday!
Israeli girl stabbed to death in her bedroom was U.S. citizen
A Palestinian youth sneaked into a fortified Jewish settlement in the West Bank on Thursday, broke into a home and stabbed to death a 13-year-old Israeli-American girl as she slept in bed before frantic security guards arrived and killed him, says the Israeli Army.
The girl, identified as Hallel Yaffa Ariel, became the youngest Israeli victim of a nine-month wave of violence that has seen dozens of Palestinian attacks.
The early-morning stabbing, carried out by a 17-year-old Palestinian high school dropout, was among the most brazen attacks so far, drawing angry accusations and calls from Israeli leaders for the world to condemn the incident.
“The horrifying murder of a young girl in her bed underscores the bloodlust and inhumanity of the incitement-driven terrorists that we are facing,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says. “The entire world needs to condemn this murder, just as it condemned the terrorist attacks in Orlando and Brussels.”
In Washington D.C., U.S. State Department spokesman John Kirby condemned “in the strongest terms the outrageous terrorist attack” and called the stabbing “unconscionable.”
Kirby says Hallel was also an American citizen. Israel has a large community of dual American citizens, numbering in the tens of thousands.
The Palestinians claim all of the West Bank, captured by Israel from Jordan in the 1967 war, as part of a future independent state. The Palestinians and the international community consider the settlements to be illegal or illegitimate.
Since last September, Palestinians have carried out dozens of stabbings, shootings and attacks using cars that have killed 33 Israelis and two American tourists. Some 200 Palestinians have been killed during that time, most identified as attackers by Israel.
3 Injured when man opens fire outside South Carolina nightclub, gets shot by concealed carrier
A man’s arrest in South Carolina is trending Friday as sheriff’s deputies say he was stopped from firing into a crowd outside a nightclub Saturday by another man who shot the attacker in self-defense. The story has become popular online as users compare this shooting with the deadly Orlando nightclub massacre now known as the largest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.
Deputies in Lyman, SC say at around 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning, 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson got into an argument with another man at Playoffz Night Club and fired several rounds from his gun toward the crowd gathered out front.
Investigators say Thompson’s rounds hit three victims and he almost shot a fourth victim, who in self-dense, pulled his own weapon and shot Thompson in the leg.
The man who shot Thompson has a valid concealed weapons permit and will not be facing charges, deputies say.
They add the injured were taken to the hospital and none of their injuries were life threatening.
Loch Ness Monster found? Dog walker finds skeletal remains, sparks rumors
Could it be true? Remains of the Loch Ness Monster finally found? Sadly… no. A post about the remains of the fabled creature being found turns out to be photos taken from a television set.
The rumors started when animal charity Help2Rehome Scotland posted photos of skeletal remains of an unidentifiable creature saying a person walking their dog had found it in the early hours of the morning. The photos show the remains roped off by police tape which made the scene seem more legitimate.
The charity later announced the photos were for a TV show much to the dismay of those who were excited for proof of the mythical beast. Maybe it’s still out there?