TROUP COUNTY, Ga. -Governor Nathan Deal declared a State of Emergency for Troup County Wednesday because of flood damage.
With Deal’s decision, the state will provide resources to help fix several roads that are closed.
The heavy rains have forced seven roads to close. Six only have one lane open and 20-30 roads are damaged.
The sheriff’s office says some roads are closed because drainage culverts have washed out and the streets collapsed. They say repairs are being made, but there’s no estimate on when the roads will be reopened.
The sheriff urges folks to not drive on roads that have signs posted, as your safety may be at risk.
The sheriff office also says if you see standing or running water, don’t drive on it because it’s possible the road underneath is collapsing. He’s also asking that folks not move the road closure signs.
Here is a list of roads closed across Troup County:
- Plymouth Dr between Colonial Court to Jefferson Pl. – closed
- Perdue Rd at Greenville Rd. – closed
- Towns Rd between Hines Rd and Costley Rd – closed
- Perkins Rd between Keith Rd and county line- closed
- N. View Point Dr – 1 lane open
- Clearview Crt – 1 lane open
- Warner Rd. b/w Gray Hill Sch Rd & Jim Tuner Rd – 1 lane open
- Bill Taylor Rd. – closed
- Camp Viola Rd – 1 lane open
- W. Hopson Rd – 1 lane open
- Dallas Mill Road at the wood bridge south of Frost School Road – closed
- Flat Shoals Church Road between Salem Farm Road and Wright road near address 522 – closed
- Blanks Road – one lane closed
- Camp Viola Road – closed