Just in case you missed them, here are the fun facts from our WRBL News 3 “Our Town: LaGrange” broadcast:
- Did you know that actor Elijah Kelley grew up in LaGrange and went to Troup County High School? Kelley appeared in the films “Red Tails,” and “Hairspray.”
- Did you know that 2.5 million visitors come to West Point Lake every year and this it is 25,000 acres?
- Did you know that LaGrange is home to the Explorations in Antiquity Center, a museum of life in ancient times?
- LaGrange High School – named by USA Today as one of the best high schools in the nation; #1 in Georgia (based on Advanced Placement classes)
- Famous people born in LaGrange: Elijah Kelley, actor from Hairspray; Fred Newman, actor from Who Framed Roger Rabbit; Jeremy Palko, actor from Never Back Down; and Jasmine Farmer, actress from The Lena Baker Story.
- Compared to the rest of the country, LaGrange's cost of living is 12.80% Lower than the U.S. Average.